All features at a glance
The Transport Management module in REALTECH SmartChange allows companies to transport any changes, for example to development objects in the ABAP Workbench or in Customizing, to the corresponding target systems without jeopardizing the availability of SAP applications.
Customizable and automated workflows and processes:
- The distribution of the transports is automated and synchronized based on predetermined target paths and taking into account any release and approval workflows, regardless of how complex and dynamic the SAP environment is.
Centralized transport management:
- Users get a single pane of glass to monitor their transport processes and approve transports.
- REALTECH SmartChange comes integrated with a reporting environment with comprehensive configuration and drill-down capabilities that delivers reports down to the object level (e.g. the top 10 changed objects).
- Changes are automatically documented to provide complete audit trails and
can be tracked at all times.
Built-in quality assurance:
- With its comprehensive automated checks (see figure), REALTECH
SmartChange is able to avoid common risks to productive SAP systems.
Collision checks are in place to indicate any overlapping objects in different
transport request that pose the risk of overtakers. Transports can also be
checked for pre-determined critical objects or dependencies. Transports can
be checked for completeness before importing them into the target system
to ensure that any objects required for the change are present in the transport
request or in the target system. This, for example, helps avoid errors and
downtime in production systems that result from missing objects or wrong object
versions. In addition, a Code Profiling module is available to check ABAP
code in transport objects for potential vulnerabilities and other flaws.