The Future with ITIL
Digitization plays a major role in all companies today, and IT provides most of the services. Thus, IT teams are at the center of digital transformation. Cloud computing, blockchain, AI and IoT: they are all driving new ways of working and are being implemented by Agile, Lean and DevOps experts.
To keep up in this world, IT organizations are looking for ways to increase business agility while providing more stability and predictability. And this is exactly where ITIL can help, because the framework, properly implemented, promotes the user-friendliness of the IT infrastructure, collaboration and knowledge sharing within the company.
The latest update to the IT Infrastructure Library, ITIL 4, developed by the community for the community, was created based on the diverse views and best practices of over 2,000 IT professionals across all roles, industries, and communities worldwide, including Agile and DevOps.
The streamlined and practical guide, which can be adapted to new technology and integrates existing work methods with basic ITSM practices, helps to understand the following:
- How the service economy works in today’s world.
- How to keep track of all processes using the basic ITIL principles.
- How to integrate Lean, Agile and DevOps techniques into ITSM.
- How to create simple and practical value streams to respond to customer demand while creating value for all relevant stakeholders.
- How to develop practices to achieve optimal results with low risk.
ITIL 4 is certainly a paradigm shift for IT teams in terms of business and customer value. It supports a more adaptive approach based on your team’s needs and ways of working. The fundamental principles of ITIL 4, in short, promote collaboration, efficiency and constant feedback, making processes even more powerful for the future.